This past weekend, I attended the 4th Annual Atlanta World Kite Festival at Piedmont Park. It was a spectacular display of synergy, energy, unity and creativity. My son Jay, niece LeTonya and I went. I flew a kite for the first time since I was a little girl. As I sat in the meadow and beheld the young and young-at-heart flying their kites, I thought about visionary Joe Rowell and his beautiful wife Erinn Thomas Rowell.
Kite enthusiasts, they not only had a dream, but they made it a reality. Hundreds of people came out to enjoy and support the amazing event that they co-organized. I am always wowed and fascinated by people whose vision evolves into a tangible experience that positively impacts the lives of others. What have you dreamed about doing for yourself or others? The New Year is just around the corner. Why not start on that vision today and bring 2016 in with a bang!
The Sky is the Limit to What You and I Can Have!
Five Tips to Create Your Own Reality for 2016
- Brainstorm – Just start writing down everything you’re thinking. Check out this link: http://ezinearticles.com/?Brainstorm-and-Capture-Your-Vision&id=8754914
- Create a Vision Board – Once you write down what you would like to do, get innovative with it by designing a Vision Board to be placed on your wall. You can see your goals every day. Check out this link: http://www.essence.com/2015/01/02/2015-mine-how-make-most-out-your-year-vision-board.
- Partner with family, friends and like-minded people – Joe and Erinn had a great network of family and friends to help them with the Kite Festival. Once you share your dreams with your loved ones, enlist their help. If your dream is so unique or one that others you know haven’t shown interest, find like-minded people. Think about joining or starting a group. My daughter Antasha organized Nomadic Chicks Travel on Meetup to explore the world with ladies who want to do the same. Check out this link: http://www.meetup.com/find/.
- Create Your Event – Once you’ve decided what you would like to do, there are a number of ways you can promote it. You can use the tried and true social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Plus…. Try popular sites dedicated to events. Check out this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/signup/.
- Sit back and bask in the beautiful atmosphere – Like the Rowells’ with The Atlanta World Kite Festival, sit back and enjoy spreading joy and happiness to others. Check out their links: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=atlanta%20world%20kite%20festival
Leslie E. Royal is a Freelance Writer. Her articles have appeared in ESSENCE, UPSCALE, Black Enterprise, FORTUNE.COM and Dow Jones Newswires. She is the Creator of Leslie’s Lane – a consumer information blog focusing on Jobs, Discounts, FREE Stuff, Resources, Travel and Inspiration. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @LesliesLane. Like her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LesliesLaneFREEStuff?fref=ts.