Hi Beautiful Family and Friends!
How are you? I trust that you doing well! It’s a New Year and it brings much promise! For the first time ever, I created a Vision Board. I had heard about them and even wrote briefly about this concept in one of my past postings. My pastor, Dr. Kerwin B. Lee, of Berean Christian Church hosted an awesome Vision Board Party. My wonderful hubby Tony, my children Tasha and Jay and I attended. It was so cool! I decided to use January Leslie’s Lane to share a little about how the theme of my vision board unfolded. I trust that this month’s posting is helpful as you prepare for an amazing year! Thanks so much have a great week!
Leslie E. Royal
- Write the Vision. Habakkuk 2:2 reads in part, “Write the vision. Make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.” My vision for 2016 is to understand “The Gift” in my life and harness the amazing power therein. So after much prayer and meditation, I realized the theme of my Vision Board would be “The Gift”! If you would like to create a Vision Board this year, click on this link for plenty of great info: https://www.google.com/search?q=write+the+vision+and+make+it+plain&oq=write+the+vision+and+make+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.6498j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=how+to+make+a+vision+board
- What’s the Theme for 2016? Everything in my life centers around my faith. Romans 6:23b shares, “The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” In the center of my board, I created a gift design of silver ribbons with a silver bow in the center. It is also a cross. Looking at the board daily, I am reminded that this New Year is a wonderful gift of life and I look forward to enjoying it abundantly. What is your theme for 2016 and how will you live it out?
- Follow Your Dreams with Boldness. That’s my motto for this year! I have several special projects I have in mind! I want to pursue my passion! As such, I clipped out all kinds of words from magazines that would encourage me to do so! Trigger words to get me moving are FEARLESS NOW, Dream Big, Year of You, Do It, Turn it Up, ACTION, Unstoppable and more”! What buzz words or triggers will spur you to action in 2016? What have you always wanted to do? If you want to start your own business, check out this link: http://www.essence.com/2015/02/23/sister-ceo-7-great-tips-starting-your-own-company-year. What about that raise you’ve been wanting? Here’s how to ask for it: http://fortune.com/2015/03/03/get-the-raise-you-deserve/.
- Focusing on Family, Fitness & Fun. My family is a priority in my life! No question about it! I especially enjoy spending time with my hubby, children, mom, sisters, brother, godchildren and extended family members! We take part in really cool fitness challenges and enjoy taking vacations at great discounts! You have to relax, unwind and kick back sometime! What do you like to do for fun? Check out a few of my favorite search engines to help you out with attractions, hotels, transportation, restaurants and more! They are TripAdvisor, Expedia and Google Flights! Check out this link too: https://www.google.com/search?q=vacations+leslie+e+royal&oq=vacations+leslie+e+royal&aqs=chrome..69i57.10544j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8.
- What is Uniquely You? No two vision boards are the same because no two people are the same! Your vision board will reflect your beautifully, creative, distinct personality! For example, I made my board in 3-D because I am multidimensional! I see things from a number of different perspectives!! While some vision boards have lots of space on them, mine is completely full! That’s because I want to experience every single moment of life! I use every minute of the day! While my board appears to be compartmentalized in four distinct areas of faith (church), family, finance (work/career) and fun (travel), I have a cross and my family in every section! That’s because my faith guides me in all that I do and my family is a part of all that I do! What is unique about you and how are you going to share it with the world in 2016? Your Time is NOW! Seize the MOMENT!