Greetings Beautiful Family and Friends!
How are you? I trust that you are having a great week! Are you ready to plan your magnificent spring or summer vacation?! As you do your research, you can rest easy knowing that you don’t have to sacrifice luxury, quality, real fun and excellence! You can stay at beautiful four diamond, four and five star hotels in spectacular locales at a fraction of the regular price! You can even go to great attractions in America’s biggest cities at half the price!
It was my pleasure to join the phenomenal Annita Stokes Thomas, on-air host of Travel Bags With Annita, for a WDUN radio station interview. She invited me to discuss FREE and discount travel tips that are featured in my new book called Leslie’s Lane The Book! You can purchase the book from Amazon, Books-a-Million, Barnes and Noble and many other online retailers. Please click on the link below to listen to our short ten minute interview! Just scroll down to just under my photo!
Some of the highlights of the interview:
- One of the first things I typically do is contact the Convention and Visitors Bureau of the city I would like to visit. They are always eager to help. Ask for the names and contact information of sites and attractions that are free and open to the public. – Check out this link to convention and visitors bureaus – http://www.cvent.com/rfp/us-cvb-directory-84666a30191e407ea182af64c488696a.aspx.
- Next, I go to TripAdvisor at tripadvisor.com. I LOVE TripAdvisor! It searches more than 200 websites for you to give you the best prices on hotels, attractions, resorts, and more!
- Expedia is one of my favorites too! It gives you great package deals on flights, rental cars and hotels! Check it out at expedia.com.
- OMG! Oh My Goodness! Groupon Getaways is one of my favs as well! You can buy certificates for up to 80% off the regular price of hotels and all-inclusive vacation packages. Click this link to check out all the great info: https://www.groupon.com/getaways.
I ran out of time before discussing FREE vacation travel! Please see the info below!
Finally, my personal favorite is simply searching the Internet for FREE stuff! Enter “101 Free Things” and the state or country of your choice into a search engine. This will yield numerous links. I’ve already completed 10 for you! Feel free to share this info with your friends and family via social media, email and even snail mail! Thanks and have a great week!
- Free Zoos in the United States – http://www.trekaroo.com/list/free-zoos-across-the-us
- Free Entrance Days at National Parks – https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/fee-free-parks.htm
- 101 FREE Things to Do in London – http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/budget-london/101-free-things-to-do-in-london#1gfuTh4iHr1CAEpm.97
- 101 FREE Things to Do in Chicago – http://www.timeout.com/chicago/things-to-do/101-things-to-do-in-chicago
- 101 FREE Things to Do in the South – http://www.southernliving.com/travel/101-free-things-to-do-in-the-south
- 101 FREE Things to Do with Kids in Michigan – http://grkids.com/101-free-things-to-do-with-kids-in-michigan/
- 101 FREE and Almost Free Things to do in DC – https://washington.org/100-free-and-almost-free-things-do-dc
- FREE Things to Do in New York City – http://www.nycgo.com/free
- 100 FREE Things to Do in LA – http://www.discoverlosangeles.com/blog/100-free-things-do-los-angeles-free-activities
- FREE Attractions in Las Vegas – https://www.vegas.com/attractions/free-attractions-las-vegas/
Leslie E. Royal is an international freelance writer and travel journalist residing in metro Atlanta, GA. Her articles have appeared in ESSENCE, UPSCALE, FORTUNE, Black Enterprise, Dream Fearlessly/Business Excelerator, and WSJ/Dow Jones Newswires. She is the Creator of Leslie’s Lane – a consumer information blog. She is the author of Leslie’s Lane The Book!: Your One Stop Internet Resource Guide to Links for Jobs, Inspiration, Discounts, FREE Stuff, Scholarships, Travel & More! Please follow her @LesliesLane on Twitter and Instagram for info on jobs, free stuff, discounts, travel, resources and much more! Like her Facebook page Leslie’s Lane for daily updates on great deals!