I’m a writer. So words should come quite naturally to me. To be honest… I am flabbergasted and don’t know where to begin. Before I started my freelance writing career, I was a clerk with the Atlanta Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for 10 years.
I am upset, angry and offended that the FBI is being attacked in such a reckless manner. I worked alongside FBI special agents for 10 years. These men and women are honorable, hardworking, honest people with integrity. I don’t weigh in on politics on social media. But this is quite different. This is the difference between right and wrong – not right or left. This is about our conscience and our country. My conscience won’t allow me to remain silent on this one. I have to speak out.
I’ve always felt that if I verbally point out a problem, I should be able to come prepared with a solution. Well… I have several that I would like to share with you.
- Let’s Contact our Representatives and Senators. Ask them to speak with the individuals and organizations that are unfairly and unethically attacking the FBI. Click on this link: https://www.congress.gov/
- Run for Something. Support this organization by either running for public office to change the system from within or donate to help effect change in our communities. Click on this link: https://www.runforsomething.net/
- Rock That Vote! Become a registered voter and vote EVERY TIME. The 2018 midterm elections are essential. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, we are fighting for the heart and soul of our country. Click on this link to be on the right side of history:https://www.rockthevote.org/ and https://vote.gov/
- Support the FBI in a Tangible Way. Special agents and their families need our support. The FBI Special Agents Association supports the families of deceased agents and also takes part in other worthy causes. Click on this link to donate: https://fbiaa.org/.
- Take to Social Media and Volunteer to Effect Change. Check out a few of these links and websites.
Trust me, you can and WILL make a difference. The time is now for you to get involved. Thanks so much for your attention and Happy New Year to you!
Leslie E. Royal